Thursday, November 29, 2007

Things I Am Contemplating Purchasing

I have an easy work study job where I sit around and do homework. Fort this I am paid roughly $115 every two weeks.

I do not have a girlfriend. I do not have bills to pay. I do not buy a lot of drugs or alcohol. I do not have a life. I'd say on average, I spend about $20, cash or debit, a week.

This leaves me with about $70 in discretionary spending money that I never use. I'm considering beginning a new habit, where when I want something I purchase it.

Understand, the desire-->purchase connection has been quite weak for me so far in my life. I have taken after my mother, who spends so much time researching her possible purchases and making sure she is getting the absolute best deal that she is to be commended whenever she purchases anything at all. My sister and father, on the other hand, do this weird thing where they see something they like and they exchange some money with a merchant to obtain the object of their desire.

Things I am considering buying:
1. A small neon sign/light up sign of some sort, to hang outside my door and plug into a light bulb socket to electrical outlet adapter in one of the phone booths, so when I come to my room I can just reach into the phone booth and flick the switch and people will know I'm home. All the neon signs I've found in casual searches have been for alcoholic beverages, which I guess would not be all bad if I could get one for Schlitz.
2. The Complete Works Of William Shakespeare. I'll buy this for about $20 any day now.

3. A grip exerciser. I think it would be a good way to burn off a lot of the excess energy I get sometimes, and also to strengthen my grip, obviously. The only problem with purchasing one on the online is that I do not know if it will be too difficult/too easy/uncomfortable. This purchase may need to be made in meatspace.

4. I don't know. Books?

8 comments:

constant_k said...

Where is the hate?

Don't worry, there's some hate in the next post.

Tomorrow prolly.

Jason said...

Why don't you start saving for your retirement? The market is reaching annual lows.

Unknown said...

I've got a grip exerciser, I used it everyday,my grip strength has improved ten fold since the beginning of the year.

J0hn said...

get a drug habit if you really want to lose your money

alternately
http://del.icio.us/joshmattson/tobuy

or
http://del.icio.us/asan102/wish

it's the giving season

PBear said...

I'm going to have to recommend you to not just plunge into the market now as Jason suggests. Recession is probably coming. Either spend your money or buy some gold related investments.

royalewithcheese_ said...

Salvia is always a winner. I'm pretty sure it costs as much as coke and it's kinda legal... not sure about in Illinois though.

constant_k said...

Yeah it'll probably end up being spent on lavish gifts for others.

Pelkey, by "gold related investments" did you mean "BLING BLANG!"?

constant_k said...

now why would john have suggested I buy things for sam and josh

I suspect treachery.