Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Phantom of the FUCK AMTRAK

Good evening everyone. Since this is the Hater's Ball, I'm going to tell a little story about why I hate Amtrak.


As some may know (probably not many because I come off as an uncultured republican bastard), I am an ENORMOUS fan of Phantom of the Opera. The story it tells and the themes inherent in every song are too good to be true. And the music is to die for. Andrew Lloyd Webber surely is a musical genius. I recommend picking up the live original London recording featuring Michael Crawford, Sarah Brightman and Steve Barton if you have the means.

Anyway, so I'm basically fucking obessed with this musical, right? Well, the folks and Ms. Maggie Freiday are heading out to Baltimore this Thanksgiving to chill with me and visit some relatives. Ms. Freiday also happens to be a PTO fan, by the way.

So, since PTO is playing on Broadway, only 2.5 hours away by train, I figured it would be very nice to see this production with my paramour. At $111.50 a piece for front center mezzanine seats, it was going to be awesome and surely the experience of a lifetime.

But then came Amtrak.....250 FUCKING DOLLARS ROUND TRIP FOR ONE TICKET! Are you kidding me? This is enough to make me turn into a fuck-the-government libertarian asshole. How do those bastards get off charging that much money for a ride on a shitty train? I am pissed. Granted it is Thanksgiving weekend, but fuck....Amtrak ruined my life.

But this cheered me up. Antonio Banderas can actually sing....check out this performance he did with Sarah Brightman....and check out the heels on his shoes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S88rkpPu8_g

9 comments:

constant_k said...

Yeah Amtrack suxxorz.

For how pricey it is you might as well fly.

Or take the MEGABUS.

Unknown said...

What about the Merc?

bundy said...

bus - we actaully looked into it, but it's an extra hour to hour and a half, and we don't have that kind of time. and you're right about flying, it's actually probably cheaper.

and kurt, i assume you're talking about my car? unfortunately i don't have it here, otherwise that would be a good idea.

Jason said...

that's too bad, bundy. maybe you can get there some other time? phantom on broadway is a real treat.

PBear said...

"This is enough to make me turn into a fuck-the-government libertarian asshole"


Come play with us. Come play with us.

constant_k said...

Pelkey pats the vacant space next to him on the Libertarian couch.

In his creepiest voice, he says "Room for one more..."

bundy said...

i DO hate taxes....

and i've decided that i'm just going to act out every part in PTO myself, film it on my computer's webcam, and become the next youtube video celebrity.

constant_k said...

Bundy, that could be quite possibly the greatest thing of all time.


I could reciprocate and act out all the parts to another Andrew Lloyd Weber masterwork, Jesus Christ Superstar.


We'll be on Letterman within the week.

Jason said...

My Cats performance will round out the trio.

Actually I much prefer the other two to Cats. Seriously, Cats was massively overrated.