Sunday, November 18, 2007

GO

Well, this is my first blog, so I'll try not to bring too much disgrace to Hater's Ball.

I work at Menards in Baxter, I love it, people ask me how I'm doing and I tell them I am living the American dream. I was relaxing one fine afternoon after a terrific day at work when I got a phone call. I didn't recognize the number, but picked up anyway. There was a young lady on the other end of the line, she was a receptionist for a company named Vector. They sell knives and things of that matter. She asked me if i wanted to set up an interview and I agreed. A few days later, my girlfriend and I took a trip to St. Cloud for the interview... but destiny had other plans for me. Like an idiot I missed my turn and we found ourselves on a street with nothing but Asian restaurants. It was about 5:30 at this point and I was very hungry, we came upon a place I had heard about... it was called Sawaat Dee, which in Thai means "hello." I thought about asking for help finding Vector, but I gave into temptation and pulled the car over. It was one of the greatest meals of my life and I have no regrets. After the meal we decided to hit the mall (the interview was out of the question at this point). We walked around and came upon a shop on the outskirts of the mall, there wasn't anyone inside. The shop sold a vast variety of board games and puzzles. I was looking for a rubik's snake (an item which had eluded me for many a year). Again, another fruitless search. I kept looking around the shop and came across a game called GO. It was an oriental game with no real equal in the west. If you ever watch a Kung Fu movie that was supposed to have taken place a long time ago, they always play this game. I got home and read the instructions, it was pretty vague and didn't explain much; I forced my dad to play a game with me and it was actually pretty fun. I would encourage any skeptics to rush out and buy this game. Well, it took a long time for me to get to the point... and for this I apologize. So long for now, I look forward to next time... I wish to add a little spice to this blog, this blog will be very spicy.

4 comments:

constant_k said...

Good stuff johnson. Add in some paragraphs and images next time.

Erik said...

Oh God, Johnson's on this blog! This has just increased my visiting frequency 121%, for better or worse.

PS: Glad to know I'm not hated.

swalker said...

I don't know who you are but Vector is a well-established scam that tries to get you to sell overpriced knives to your friends and family and it is impossible to make any money from it, so it's good that you missed the interview and ate at Sawat-dee instead. Go is considered by some (they are mostly asians, I reckon) to be the ultimate strategy game, above even chess.

constant_k said...

See johnson? Vector is not the wave of the future. Go to rainy lake college or whatever and become an RN or a heavy machinery operator.