Sunday, November 11, 2007

Paint It An Inch Thick

Here is my dream from last night. I recount it because it features two other contributors to this blog, and everybody's favorite villain, Sam Walker:

I was in downtown Evanston (the first ring Chicago suburb of about 70,000 where Northwestern is located) in a restaurant (there are a shitload of restaurants in Evanston) with Kurt.
It was free day, or something, and they were giving out popcorn chicken and turkey bagel sandwiches. The dude making the sandwiches was like a slightly Hispanic version of Tirth. It was extremely weird. He gave Kurt and me some popcorn chicken, which was delicious, and then a turkey sandwich on a garlic bagel with extra garlic.

A little later Sam Walker showed up, and I told him there was a food giveaway. He got excited and went and got a turkey bagel sandwich from Hispanic-Tirth. I wanted another sandwich so I went to tell Tirth, but he was super-busy. He saw me though, over the crowd of people demanding sandwiches, and gave me a little head nod so I knew he knew.
I kept coming back at the wrong time for my sandwich and Tirth was getting really exasperated. I ran into my sister, Maya, and my cousin Amelia and gave them hugs, but they seemed extremely ambivalent about my being there.

Someone delivered me a note from Tirth that said something like "Max if you are done orbiting the Earth perhaps you can orbit the Universe!" I do not understand it. It seems kind of like an insult Tirth would use? In any case, I was extremely amused and happy that my sandwich was ready. I went up to the counter and while Tirth made the sandwich Sam and I talked about all the flavors which went into the turkey garlic bagel sandwich. There were half-eaten sandwiches all over the place.

I think I woke up before I got to eat the second one.

8 comments:

Comrade_Bazarov said...

I think Mr.Freud will be more than happy to help you out Maxwell

Jason said...

Man I wish Tirth were in my dreams and wrote me sweet nots like that one.

constant_k said...

Sam and I got really in depth in the flavor discussion.

We were talking about the tomatoes, and the lettuce and the bread, and especially the garlic.

Also the mayo.

It...it was a weird dream.


Side note: I went to bed hungry.

bundy said...

maxwell, this is america - you should never go to bed hungry.

constant_k said...

I went to bed hungry and had a dream about eating an enormous burrito and when I woke up my pillow was gone!

constant_k said...

...and no one mentions the terrifying hand art.


My dad forwarded these to me.


This is what my dad does with email.

I had to put them somewhere.

Unknown said...

wow, that's some crazy stuff. i never remember any of my dreams.

Pammy said...

man your dad is neat.


i'm hungry.