Monday, November 26, 2007

Who's the G.O.A.T.?

Alright guys, I wanna get your opinion. I want to know who you guys think is the greatest martial artist of all time.





Let's start with Steven Seagal. Bad hair, tight blue jeans, over sized dress coats, and horrible one liners. No matter how cheesy he is, you can't deny his skill. Besides being an accomplished martial artist, he also plays in a god awful band, called Thunderbox. (Thunderbox is slang for tiolet). I think Seagal is a good candidate, but I feel he is too cheesy to be taken seriously.



If anyone has ever seen this movie, they would know that it took these two out of the race.





From the very start Bruce Lee was my inspiration. From what I've seen he was the fastest man this side of hell. In most of his movies his moves had to be slowed down because otherwise it all looked like a special effect.



Chuck Norris gets made fun of a lot, with all of the Chuck Norris jokes. But most people don't know that he was the international karate champion 8 years in a row.



These two are towards the top of the list.




Aside from his cheesy American made movies, Jackie Chan has made several masterpieces; where not only does he use his trickery but his martial arts skill. If you've never seen the Legend of the Drunken Master, you've yet to see the REAL Jackie Chan.

Then there's this guy... a true American Legend. Just kidding, I had to throw that in.
And now for my favorite: Tony Jaa. This guy has better stunts than Chan, better kicks than Bruce Lee, and on top of it all he is a world class gymnast. If you've never seen Ong Bak or the Protector I would highly recommend seeing them. Tony Jaa has my number one vote.


Bundy, I apologize for forgetting J.C. Van Damme, he's one of my favorites... much better than David Carradine. For a white guy from Brussels Belgium this guy has some really good flexibility. But then that's my problem with the guy; all he does is these really choreographed head kicks, he's not all that fast and his combinations leave much to be desired. But hey, that could just be the director.

11 comments:

constant_k said...

well man are we talking greatest martial artist or greatest martial artist/entertainer here.


because all of these guys are actors too.

In any case my money's on Bruce Lee.

WV: tux fuhx = tux fucks

Erik said...

David Carradine in the upset.

bundy said...

jean-claude van damme. bloodsport is the best martial arts movie ever created.

constant_k said...

man david carradine is not that great

fuckin bruce lee came up with the concept for Kung Fu but the role went to carradine, a white man.

Josh said...

i will drive to the house and kill with a one-inch punch anyone who doesn't answer bruce lee

brittany said...

jackie chan used to have a cartoon show do any of these other fighters have cartoon shows? don't think so....

also what about that one guy from mortal combat he was pretty sweet...he was also in the real version of the jungle book i think he might of died..anyways my vote is for him.

brittany said...

oops (mortal kombat) and his name is robin shou.

matt said...

robin shou was also in beverly hills ninja

Unknown said...

I gotta go with Bruce Lee, Josh Johnson comes in as a close second for his epic performances in I Shall Avenge my Father and I shall Avenge My Uncle.

constant_k said...

God War was such a bad movie.


You know I never thought about it before but I suppose we call 'em movies on accounta they move. Like how talkies talk, you know?

FUN WITH WORDS.

Erik said...

Yeah, the real answer is Bruce Lee. I just thought I'd extend Mr. Carradine some love.