Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Oh Goddamnit

Oh Goddamnit.

God.
Damn.
It.

Just got the email from the goddamn literary magazine.

The winner of the naming contest is...The Cool Side Of The Pillow.

I shit you not. The Cool Side Of The Pillow.

The Cool Side Of The Motherfucking Pillow.


Goddamnit.

I don't know if I can, in good conscience, work for a publication with such a stupid fucking name. I don't think I can even write for them. I'd rather leave essays under rocks around town than have them published under that idiotic piece of shit name.


Salt in the wound: I was foolish enough to mention a passing willingness to work on advertising in my application, so I am now Advertising Manager for this shit-rag. I think I may have to resign that particular position because I cannot stand our fucking name, and I think our ads might have to include it. And I am not, I repeat, I am not going to tape a single goddamned flier to a single goddamn wall. I also do not plan to spend my time begging local businesses to by ads in a magazine with such a bad name.

GODDAMNIT.

ON THE OTHER HAND, I could abuse my position and sabotage the magazine like a straight gangster. Just have some very neat-looking ads that fail to mention who we are or what we do. Also, destroy our printing press.

Fucking A. I should just start my own fucking magazine. I'll call it Pug Fancy. Gonna be great.

Fuck.

8 comments:

sherlock said...

Yeah.

You should protest the name, and tell them you won't work for them with such a ridiculousness. Put that animosity to work, my friend.

Hate has its place.

Josh said...

why don't you fucking suck it up and steal what you can

Josh said...

seriously though. the cool side of the pillow.

royalewithcheese_ said...

Firebomb the fuckers

Jason said...

mattson's right. they probably have some fancy staplers.

Tom said...

and also... isn't the correct term "the other side of the pillow"? as in, "cooler than the other side of the pillow"...? but wow, that sucks.

Unknown said...

Here's you're advertising tagline

"The Cool Side Of The Motherfucking Pillow: Shitty Name, Fancy Staplers"

constant_k said...

fliers:

The Cool Side Of The Pillow: We Suck

[clip art of a guy with his head up his own ass]

Look at us! We suck!