Sunday, October 28, 2007

The ghost rider

Live blogging from the San Diego area, the nation's "nice weather" capital...

Yesterday, I took the Amtrak from Union Central, Los Angeles, to Oceanside, CA, a reclusive town generally obscured by its gargantuan next-door neighbor San Diego.

To some, the idea of traveling on an Amtrak may seem abhorrent, but to me, this was a ride on the Palace of wheels itself. (India by rail- 8 days, starting at $1995)

Why? Well here is a modest comparison:


A mundane occurrence in Mumbai, the financial capital of India



The Surfliner that took me to my destination yesterday

3 comments:

constant_k said...

Tirth you should start ghost riding.


Man ghost riding a train would be pretty dangerous huh?

constant_k said...

Man tirth I just pictured you ghost riding, doing some sweet bollywood dance moves on the hood of your car with the stereo blastin'.


follow-up question: are you a fan of bollywood movies?

Comrade_Bazarov said...

Maxwell, you seriously crack me up
You are your colorful imaginations

Yeah, I guess you could call me a fan of bollywood movies, but I will say this:
Bollywood produces some of the crappiest movies in the world (the same old cheesy love stories with lots and lots of songs)
Out of the 300 odd movies each year, 4-5 turn out to be real gems.the rest are just...
things are changing though
some good movies last year and even this year too