Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Dennis Quaid: The Working Man's Harrison Ford

I'm in the middle of an intense week: midterm today, another tomorrow, paper due in a week, field trip to the art museum Thursday, Halloween Wednesday, words words words.

Quick hits:

1. Why is Kurt not on here yet?

2. For each person, there are certain albums which he or she can listen to all the way through, again and again, all day long. Not every record will work every day, but most days at least one will stick. Here are my all-day-long records:
Houses of the Holy
Abbey Road
Remain in Light*
Pet Sounds
London Calling
The College Dropout
Neil Young Live at Massey Hall, 1971
Purple Rain
Talking Book
Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
Hunky Dory

*today's record

3. So I understand that Mase is a really sweet rapper. Can anybody direct me to the sweetest Mase records which I should start listening to?

4. Things I miss about Brainerd:
-The pugs: they are cute and affectionate and will sit on your lap and fulfill your need for touch.
-Playing sports with friends: My friends here don't play sports, or they're way way better than I am (i.e. Tay at basketball).
-Illuminati, either at my house with candles and popcorn or at Holbrook's with pizza and GAME FUEL.
-Listening to music and eating food at Pammy's
-Gumshoe meetings

5. I took my first mid-term today, in Astronomy, and I'd be willing to bet I got between 95 and 100 %. Knowing stuff about stars is kind of one of my things.

A rat-faced Californian acquaintance of mine showed up for the mid-term obviously high. He was sitting there glassy-eyed, telling me how awesome the lighting fixture was. I was like, you know what else is neat? ASTRONOMY.

Why the fuck would you do that before a big test? Goddamn people can be dumb sometimes.

6. We need to get more people reading this blog.

9 comments:

constant_k said...

I think instead of mase I meant nas.

Unknown said...

If you want good Nas buy/download Illmatic. A few of of his best songs are "NY State of mind", "One Mic", "Play On Playa ft Snoop Dogg", "It Ain't Hard to Tell" and "Shine On".

Pammy said...

today's all-day-long album (ok, every day's all-day-long album):

tilly and the wall, "rainbows in the dark"

Josh said...

illmatic man

Josh said...

i am listening to abbey road so loud right now that my heart is being crushed by the sound of it

constant_k said...

you know, I think one of these days I will go to chicago and walk into a store and buy illmatic.

Seems like the kind of album purchase I will not regret.

Unknown said...

The_Janitor07@yahoo.com, Send me an invite to join the blog, or whatever you do.

constant_k said...

I think I already sent one to your school address or whatever, the yahoo one is out now.

matt said...

i read this blog