Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Big Payback

My CA (like an RA, except with a Community instead of a Resident), Andy, is a good natured Chinese man who is always trying to get our apathetic wing to join together and do fun team building activities. Nobody does, but that doesn't stop Andy from trying. Lately, in a shocking display of anti-hall unity behavior, several residents have torn down the little signs with our names on them that Andy lovingly affixed in the days prior to our arrival. Andy has rallied back from this blow by proposing a hall-wide contest to design the new door signs with a $30 prize. Here is my template:
I am counting on no one else entering this contest and my becoming the de facto $30 winner.

Also I would get a sweet dinosaur on my door.

P.S.: When I handed this to Andy, he said "Awesome!" in a very convinced tone. I think he was happy someone entered his contest.

10 comments:

Jason said...

we have CAs too. do they call your dorms "residence halls" as well?

sherlock said...

Man we call our dorms "residence halls" but our RAs are called House Fellows.

CoachDub said...

Though I loved my college experience, and also loved living in the dorms, I now understand that my college experience was lacking . . . lacking dinosaur door signs. Good work.

Jason said...

House Fellows? What are you, Hogwarts?

constant_k said...

I say, what if they were called prefects? That would be awesome.


Dub, what was the title of that poem you wrote where it went "Oh my little pencil/how yellow you are"?

Like "Requiem For A Blue Haired Woman" or something?

PBear said...

They're Badgers... very strange ways.

CoachDub said...

Please don't misquote my art, Max:

Title: Potpourri

My darling pencil,
How yellow you are.

sherlock said...

ACTUALLY, one of the HOUSE FELLOWS in my HOUSE (which is Faville, unfortunately not Slytherin) has a board letting us know what he's up to which happens to be Harry Potter themed. There also happen to be two friends of mine in my house that cast spells on each other with their WB official wands (with tallies on their door-mounted dry erase boards). So you tell me - Hogwarts?

matt said...

update goddammit

constant_k said...

actually I was just about to